Lots of high fees, slow to react to requests, takes 6 weeks or more to get a transaction done. But the most egregious act is that a third party defrauded me out of $64k and Equity Trust will not even bar them from doing business through their site anymore.

They are really hard to deal with because it doesn't appear their employees are trained very well and I if I called in multiple times for the same issue I received conflicting answers each time.

Now, as I'm getting ready to close my accounts, I'm gearing up for them to try and slap a cancellation fee on me. Which I will not pay and will have to fight them tooth and nail.

Review about: Equity Trust Customer Care.

Comments

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. You are correct, it will be a fight to close an account.

They will claim they didn't receive your paperwork, will claim it was incomplete, will claim you need to hire an (unqualified) attorney or CPA to value your assets, even if you have given them a valuation from a truly qualified appraiser for your asset type.

They will drag their feet, hoping to get another annual fee, another late fee. They are in the business of invoice generation, not service.